September 27, 2021 at 12:22 pm #1164Rachael CoakleyParticipant
Our research team at Boston Children’s is growing– We’re looking for an experienced Research Coordinator to join our team as soon as possible!
The position will be primarily working on my Comfort Ability team with me, Dr. Simona Bujoreanu, and Dr. Amy Hale. Also, the person in this position will work with Dr. Deirdre Logan on her fantastic research projects.
Here’s some info.
Pain Treatment Service Research Coordinator – Job Description
The individual in this position is responsible for the day-to-day oversight of multiple psychology-focused clinical research studies within the Department of Anesthesia Pain Treatment Service. This full-time, 2- year minimum position is primarily within The Comfort Ability Program (75%) with additional time in the multidisciplinary pain clinic (25%).
Current studies include:
A multisite telehealth cognitive-behavioral intervention feasibility study for adolescents with chronic pain and their parents
A controlled matched sample cognitive behavioral study evaluating healthcare cost-efficacy in a sample of adolescents with chronic pain and their parents
A virtual reality (VR) study on pediatric pain
An observational study aimed at increasing our understanding of the pediatric pain experience
Key tasks include following:
1. Identify and recruit research participants for multiple clinical research studies. Maintain and carefully track engagement with participants over time to prevent study attrition and reimburse completed study participants.
2. Collect, proof, and manage all clinical data collection using Excel, SPSS and REDCap in accordance with specified research methodology.
3. Oversee the timely preparation and submission of Institutional Review Board documentation for multiple clinical research studies on pediatric pain.
4. Coordinate multisite research collaborations, serving as the research point-of-contact for 2-3 studies.
5. Assist in literature reviews and in preparation of grants, manuscripts and research presentations.
The ideal candidate will have previous research experience and must be able to work with a high degree of independence. Additionally, the individual must be an exceptionally strong team player, have capacity for some flexible work hours (occasional weekend and evening work is required), and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
There are opportunities for co-authorship of conference posters and manuscripts, especially in candidate’s second year. Experience with work-related social media engagement is preferred.
Start date: ASAP but not later than Nov 1.
Our team supports an inclusive work environment where cultural diversity is valued. We are committed to building and sustaining a team that includes differences in color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and other unique identities that enhance our work and our engagement with the world.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume/CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.