Tagged: Research Coordinator
June 15, 2021 at 7:54 pm #1140jjwashburKeymaster
Job ID: 15693
The full-time Research Coordinator serves as a key member of the Center for Childhood Resilience team. The Center for Childhood Resilience (CCR) is a program in the Pritzker Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago. CCR develops, evaluates and disseminates mental health best practices to promote systems change and to increase access and reduce mental health disparities where kids live, learn and play. CCR works with education, community-based and other youth serving agencies to deliver innovative, sustainable, culturally attuned, and evidence-based strategies, promote mental health and wellness, and foster resilience in the face of adversity.
The Research Coordinator contributes to numerous projects implementing evidence-based trauma and mental health services with children and adolescents in schools across Illinois and nationwide. The Research Coordinator will assist with ongoing and upcoming program evaluation and research studies, as well as development of grant proposals. Learn more about CCR at http://www.childhoodresilience.org.
1. Conducts systematic observations in schools and other child-serving organizations, interviews children, families, and professionals, and administers other study-related measures.
2. Assists with study and project start-up and the preparation and maintenance of all regulatory documents required by sponsor and/or regulatory agencies.
3. Assists with the preparation of protocols, informed consents, modifications, renewals and other necessary documents for review by the IRB and/or sponsor.
4. Assists research personnel and project leads in the implementation of research and program evaluation projects.
5. Helps arrange study visits and provide instructions to study participants/families.
6. Facilitates study initiation, monitoring and close-out visits.
7. Attends investigator meetings.
8. Abstracts data from educational and other records and enters information/data onto protocol specific case report forms (CRF), study flow sheets, and other required study forms.
9. Assists in creating and updating case report forms and/or source document templates.
10. Coordinates reimbursement of subjects and study incentives.
11. Maintains inventory of supplies/equipment.
12. Records data on source documents and CRF’s and/or electronic web-based systems.
13. Conducts literature searches and assists with QA/AC procedures.
14. Assists with adverse event monitoring and reporting.
15. Adheres to research protocol in compliance with applicable institutional, local and feral regulations (OHRP, FDA, GCP, etc.).
16. Helps maintain all study documents (regulatory binders, source documents, correspondence, etc.).
17. Seizes opportunities to enhance knowledge of research conduct/regulations by attending relevant educational meetings/conferences.
18. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients.
19. Commitment of at least two years to position.
Data Management Responsibilities:
20. Enter data.
21. Assists in creating and updating data spreadsheets.
22. Timely data retrieval from educational and other records.
23. Prepare data for analysis.
24. Importing and exporting data in various formats.
25. Conduct basic statistical analysis.
26. Consenting for expedited/minimal risk studies.
27. Identifies participant eligibility per study criteria.
28. Other job functions as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. Prior research experience preferred.
3. Knowledge of research regulations (FDA, OHRP, GCP, RRB, IRB, etc.) preferred.
4. Local travel to project sites and client locations required.
5. Strong organizational skills.
6. Proven ability to work independently to meet deadlines, project deliverables, and contribute to team goals.
7. Ability to think critically and proactively, act creatively, and take initiative appropriately.
8. Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills working with youth and professionals of all levels of education and experience.
9. Ability to work in fast-paced, dynamic project-based team environment that works to respond with flexibility to meet project needs and deadlines.
10. Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel and PowerPoint presentation software and working knowledge of database technologies including Qualtrics and statistical applications preferred.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.