November 11, 2021 at 11:51 am #1154Lauren HoffmanParticipant
Now hiring: Project Coordinator for CUCARD/Youth Anxiety Center!
CUCARD Description: Columbia University Clinic for Anxiety and Related Disorders (CUCARD), founded in 2004 by Dr. Anne Marie Albano, is a specialty clinic that treats individuals with anxiety and related disorders (https://www.anxietytreatmentnyc.org/). CUCARD offers clinical services, such as individual, family, and group therapy, as well as leads cutting edge research on the assessment and treatment of anxiety disorders. Among CUCARD’s specialty services is a Virtual Reality program developed specifically for treating young adults with social anxiety disorder. CUCARD also houses the Launching Emerging Adult Program (LEAP), a comprehensive treatment model aimed at treating anxiety and improving independence among emerging adults.
YAC Description: The Youth Anxiety Center (YAC), founded in 2013, is a clinical and research collaboration between New York-Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia University Irving Medical Center, and Weill Cornell Medical College, created to better understand and treat anxiety among emerging adults (ages 16-28), as well as prepare them for a smooth transition to independence and adulthood (http://www.nyp.org/youthanxiety).
CUCARD and YAC are seeking a project coordinator (PC) to assist with ongoing research and clinical projects, all dedicated to understanding and treating individuals with anxiety and related disorders. The selected applicant will assist with coordinating multiple research projects, further developing our Virtual Reality Program, expanding our research on young adult developmental milestones, and much more! The PC will have the opportunity to prepare posters and research reports, attend an annual conference, and receive training and supervision to develop long term goals and plans for furthering education and experience in the mental health professions.
• Assist with the development and oversight of research projects. Tasks include co-writing study proposals to the Institutional Review Board and managing existing protocols, gathering and writing study materials, utilizing REDCap and Qualtrics for data collection.
• Assist with further development of the Virtual Reality Program, including writing new scripts, coordinating with technology partners, and researching novel technologies and equipment.
• Coordinate ongoing research studies across multiple Columbia University departments. Tasks include managing participant recruitment, screening participants, consenting participants, assisting with clinical interventions, managing data collection and entry, writing amendments to the IRB, and assisting with data analysis.
• Assist with presentation of research data (e.g., preparing talks, posters, manuals and manuscripts). Complete independent research projects (literature reviews, data analysis in SPSS) for potential presentation at conferences.
• Prepare information for funding sources, such as census and research reports.
• Assist with training research volunteers and oversee their day-to-day work.
• Execute administrative tasks when needed (e.g., scheduling meetings, onboarding research team members, managing study budgets).
Minimum Qualifications Required:
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in psychology, anthropology, sociology, social work, behavioral science, human development, public health or a related social science field is required.
• Background: Previous research experience is required. At least 2 years of previous research experience is preferred. Applicants must have excellent written and oral communication skills, and must have completed abnormal psychology and research methods courses. Experience with data analysis using SPSS is preferred. Candidates must be able to work independently and must be creative problem solvers. Candidates must be extremely organized and skilled in multitasking.
• Time Commitment: Full time, 40 hours/week. Hours 9am-5pm or flexible according to research or clinical programming (e.g., 11am-7pm).
• Location: CUCARD clinic (located at 3 Columbus Circle); remote work as needed during pandemic.
• Please send cover letter, resume/CV, and two letters of recommendation to: Dr. Anne Marie Albano and Dr. Lauren Hoffman at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Other details about the position will be made available to candidates who apply.
Only eligible candidates will be contacted with an invitation
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.