March 12, 2021 at 3:42 pm #985cudcpadminKeymaster
The Department of Psychology in the College of Arts & Sciences at the University of Miami is seeking a full-time Research Associate 2 to join Dr. Youngmee Kim’s FAMILY Lab. The FAMILY lab examines the psychosocial, physical, and spiritual impact of cancer on the family and develops programs and services to assist families in meeting their needs. The Research Associate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Public Health, or other related field. Work experience related to psycho-oncology research or research involving adults with chronic physical illness will be preferred. Candidate should be phlebotomist licensed or licensable.
As detailed below, the responsibilities of the Research Associate will include the coordination of research projects, management of data collection, and participation in publication of research results. The Research Associate’s primary responsibility will be to identify, recruit, and retain research participants, and to collect psychological and biobehavioral data. Successful applicants have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be highly organized, pay attention to details, be motivated, and work independently as well as with others in a research environment. Knowledge and understanding of research methodology, psycho-oncology, basic statistics, and concepts of cultural competency required. English/Spanish fluency (both verbal and written) are preferred to serve the research population, but not required.
Candidates should include a cover letter with their application.
– Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Public Health or other related field
– Two or more years of experience in a research setting
– Contributes to basic and applied research activities by collecting and analyzing data, maintaining databases, etc.
-Understands and interprets research protocols and procedures
– Participates in the publication of research results.
– Ensures all research is undertaken according to good research practice and guidance.
Lab Specific Responsibilities:
– Identify, recruit, and retain eligible cancer patients and their family members (research participants).
– Collect psychological and biobehavioral data from eligible participants across three assessment points.
– Manage and report enrollment and retention of study participants
– Assist the Principal Investigator (PI) in establishing and facilitating a network of medical professionals who help refer eligible research participants to the study and assist in maintaining the relationship until the completion of the longitudinal study.
– Serve as liaison among the PI, medical professionals and student interns.
– Assist the PI in revising study materials, if necessary. Oversee the IRB process and ensure that the highest ethical standards are followed in research activities.
– Perform basic data analyses and be involved in annual progress reports.
– Assist PI with management and reporting of the study budget.
– Assist PI with the management of undergraduate research assistants
– Act as phlebotomist obtaining specimens from research participants as part of research protocol
To apply, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your application using this weblink: https://umiami.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UMCareerStaff/job/Miami-FL/Research-Associate-2–Psychology-_R100043254-1
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.